Inspectors at Independent Property Inspections Pty Ltd (IPI) promote a high standard of professionalism, business ethics and inspection procedures.
IPI Inspectors will subscribe to the following Code of Ethics in the course of their business every day.
1. Duty to the Public
- The IPI Inspector shall abide by the Code of Ethics and substantially follow the IPI Standards of Practice.
- The IPI inspector will not engage in any practices that could be damaging to the public or bring discredit to IPI or the home inspection industry.
- The IPI Inspector shall be fair, honest, impartial, and act in good faith in dealing with the public.
- The IPI Inspector will not discriminate in any business activities on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or handicap and shall comply with all federal, state and local laws concerning discrimination.
- The IPI Inspector shall be truthful regarding his/her services & qualifications.
- The IPI Inspector will have no undisclosed conflict of interest with the client.
- The IPI Inspector will not accept or offer any undisclosed commissions, rebates, profits, or other benefit.
- The IPI Inspector will not communicate any information about an inspection to anyone except the client without the prior written consent of the client, except where it may affect the safety of others or violates a law or statute.
- The IPI Inspector will always act in the interest of the client, unless doing so violates a law, statute, or this Code of Ethics.
- The IPI Inspector will always provide a written report that specifies the services to be performed, limitations and conditions of those services.
- The IPI Inspector will comply with all government rules and licensing requirements of the jurisdiction where he/she conducts business.
- The IPI inspector shall not perform or offer to perform, for an additional fee, any repairs or associated services to structure on which the inspector or inspector’s company has prepared a home inspection report.
2. Duty to Continue Education
- The IPI Inspector will comply with IPI’s current Continuing Education Requirements.
3. Duty to the Profession
- The IPI Inspector will strive to improve the Home Inspection Industry by sharing his/her knowledge and/or experiences for the benefit of all. This does not preclude the Inspector from copyrighting or marketing his/her expertise to other Inspectors or the public in any manner permitted by law.
- The IPI Inspector shall assist the IPI leadership in disseminating and publicizing the benefits of IPI the Licence Model.
- The IPI Inspector will not engage in any act or practice that could be deemed damaging, seditious, or destructive to IPI, fellow IPI Licensee’s, IPI employees, leadership or directors. Licensee’(s) accused of acting or deemed in violation of such rules shall be reviewed by the Ethics committee for possible sanctions and/or expulsion from IPI.
To arrange your Inspection now – FREE Call 1800 17 88 22