IPI – Disclaimer
Important Information Regarding the Scope and Limitations of the Inspection and a Report
1. The report is NOT an all-encompassing report dealing with the building from every aspect. It is a reasonable attempt to identify any obvious or significant defects apparent at the time of the inspection. Whether or not a defect is considered significant or not, depends, to a large extent, upon the age and type of the building inspected. This report is not a Certificate of Compliance with the requirements of any Act, Regulation, Ordinance or By-law. It is not a structural report.
2. THIS IS A VISUAL INSPECTION ONLY limited to those areas and sections of the property fully accessible and visible to the Inspector on the date of Inspection. The inspection DOES NOT include breaking apart, dismantling, removing or moving objects including, but not limited to, foliage, mouldings, roof insulation/sisalation, floor or wall coverings, sidings, ceilings, floors, furnishings, appliances or personal possessions. The inspector CANNOT see inside walls, between floors, inside skillion roofing, behind stored goods in cupboards, other areas that are concealed or obstructed. The inspector WILL NOT dig, gouge, force or perform any other invasive procedures. Visible timbers CANNOT be destructively probed or hit without the written permission of the property owner.
3. The Report does not and cannot make comment upon: defects that may have been concealed; the assessment or detection of defects (including rising damp and leaks) which may be subject to the prevailing weather conditions; whether or not services have been used for some time prior to the inspection and whether this will affect the detection of leaks or other defects (eg. In the case of shower enclosures the absence of any dampness at the time of the inspection does not necessarily mean that the enclosure will not leak); the presence or absence of timber pests; gas-fittings; common property areas; environmental concerns; the proximity of the property to flight paths, railways, or busy traffic; noise levels; health and safety issues; heritage concerns; security concerns; fire protection; site drainage (apart from surface water drainage); swimming pools and spas (non-structural); detection and identification of illegal building work; detection and identification of illegal plumbing work; durability of exposed finishes; neighbourhood problems; document analysis; electrical installation; any matters that are solely regulated by statute; any area(s) or item(s) that could not be inspected by the consultant. Accordingly this Report is not a guarantee that defects and/or damage does not exist in any inaccessible or partly inaccessible areas or sections of the property (NB Such matters may upon request be covered under the terms of a Special-purpose Property Report).
4. CONSUMER COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE: In the event of any controversy or claim arising out of, or relating to this Report, either party must give written Notice of the dispute to the other party. If the dispute is not resolved within ten (10) days from the service of the Notice then the dispute shall be referred to a mediator nominated by the Inspector. Should the dispute not be resolved by mediation then either party may refer the dispute to the Institute of Arbitrators and Mediators of Australia for resolution by arbitration.
5. The Use of Photo’s: The report may include photographs. Some picture are intended as a courtesy and are added for information. Some are to help clarify where the inspector has been, what was looked at and the condition of the component at the time of the inspection. Some pictures may be of deficiencies or problem areas, these are to help you better understand what is documented in the report and may allow you to see areas or items you normally would not see. Not all problem areas or conditions will be supported with photos.
6. Report Ownership: The inspector named on the report will remain the owner of the report at all times. The fee paid by Client is for the physical inspection only and the inspector named on the report remains all rights and copyrights of the written report of which the inspector has granted the Client only, named on the report a copy for his or her information only. All rights reserved. No part of the report may be reproduced in any manner or passed on to any third party without the express written consent of the inspector named on the report.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY: No Liability shall be accepted on an account of failure of the Report to notify any problems in the area(s) or section(s) of the subject property physically inaccessible for inspection, or to which access for Inspection is denied by or to the Inspector (including but not limited to or any area(s) or section(s) so specified by the Report).
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY TO THE THIRD PARTIES: This Report is made solely for the use and benefit of the Client named on the front of this report. No liability or responsibility whatsoever, in contract or tort, is accepted to any third party who may rely on the report wholly or in part. Any third party acting or relying on this report, in whole or in part does so at his or her own risk.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. This website makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, this website does not warrant that:
- this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any matter you should consult an appropriate professional.
Limitations Of Liability
This website will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
This website, the owner and our staff neither purport, nor intend to give any accounting, legal, taxation or investment advice. It is recommended that you seek professional advice from an independent, licensed, qualified investment adviser, accountant or legal practitioner prior to implementing any investment programme or financial plan. In no way is it the intention of this website, the owner or our staff to encourage users of this website or our educational materials to evade tax or any lawful responsibility they may have.
These limitations of liability apply even if this website has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit our liability in respect of any:
- death or personal injury caused by this website’s negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of this website; or
- matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for this website to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
You accept that, as an entity, this website has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against this website’s officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect this website’s officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as this website.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.