What is the new “5 Star Condition Rating” that everybody is talking about
The 5 Star Condition Rating is an innovation by Independent Property Inspections to give you an immediate visual confirmation of exactly how your home rates compared to other similar properties of approximately the same age having been reasonably maintained.
Similar to an energy rating on a fridge – you can see immediately how good or bad it is before you read all the technical jargon.
How can you Guarantee the “Building Report Completed The Same Day Or It’s FREE”?
Very easily, All our inspectors are highly skilled professionals and using the IPI cutting edge reporting software the inspector can actually enter all the report details on site, while its there right in front of them, this also eliminates double handling and mistakes that you so often see from others.
So by the time the inspection is complete the report findings have also been entered, all that remains is to review and proof read the report, add any photos and generate the completed report. Unlike many others your report will be written and completed by the actual inspector that inspected your property. We don’t have to wait for the wife, secretary or office girl to type it all up first.
Our building reports are completed the same day and will be released as soon as the payment is confirmed. (If the inspection is completed after 4 PM the building report will be completed the following day or it’s FREE.
This gives the inspector time to get back to the office and complete the report in normal working hours). As the Timber Pest Inspection reports are supplied by third party Specialist Professional Timber Pest Inspectors, whilst we strive for same service, we do not guarantee the same day service for Timber Pest Reports.
What if the home inspection report finds problems?
If your home inspection finds some problems, the options you have will depend on exactly how your purchase agreement is worded.
For example if you have a building inspection contingency, this may allow you to:
- Negotiate for the purchaser to make the repairs,
- Negotiate a reduced sale price to allow for you to undertake the repairs when you take possession of the home
- Or if the problems are severe enough you may be able to simply cancel the agreement and walk away from the deal, (if your purchase agreement building inspection contingency allows).
Can a home inspection FAIL?
A Property Inspection is an inspection to identify visual defects and confirm the condition of the property.
The home inspector does not pass or fail the property. Although the property may sometimes fail the expectations of the buyer.
What Contingency should I include in my agreement?
There are many you can include. We recommend several contingencies as a minimum, including:
- Building Inspection
- Timber Pest Inspection (if you are in a termite prone area)
- If you need to sell your home to buy, then a “Subject to the sale of your own home within a specified timeframe” clause.
Some less common and more specific contingencies include:
- Electrical Inspection,
- Plumbing Inspection,
- Asbestos Inspection,
- Mechanical Services,
- Drainage Inspection,
- Appliances Inspection,
- Structural Engineer Inspection,
- Geotechnical Inspection,
- Swimming Pool Inspection,
- Alarm/Data System/Intercom Inspection,
- Mould Inspection,
- Council Plan Inspection,
- Building Code Inspection,
- Property Check Survey,
- Environmental Hazards Inspection.
Two absolutely crucial things you must do when considering any contingency:
- Always, Always get your legal representative to draft the exact wording for you
- Ensure enough time is allowed for, not just to get the inspections completed but also to ensure you will have enough time to obtain your own quotes and / or advice before the time runs out.
- Ensure Public Holidays and weekends are not included in the days allotted