Do you Really Have your Customer’s BEST INTEREST in mind? Property Inspectors are Not Created Equal! So Don’t Just Hand your Customer a List of Names
Not All Property Inspectors Are Created Equal
Just like any other professional, there is a big difference in quality, service and value in the property inspection industry.
All too often a Real Estate Agent will provide a list of 3 Property Inspectors to their Buyer, telling them to select one. But are you really providing a service to that Buyer? Not at all. Here’s why:
Not all Property Inspectors as created equal, and you need to care enough about your customer and about the transaction to recommend the Inspector who you KNOW, LIKE and TRUST to do a great job.
Here are some differentiating factors:
- Full-time inspector vs. Part-time and Doing this On the Side
- Insured vs. Uninsured, Putting YOU at Big Risk
- Great Communicator with the Client vs. Alarmist and a Deal Killer
- Experienced inspector vs. Don’t Know What The Heck They’re Doing
- Customer Service Focused vs. Don’t Really Care Attitude
- Thorough and Detailed Oriented vs. Earn a Fast Buck, in and out and Onto the Next Job
- Easy to Schedule, Ask Questions and Get A hold of vs. Unreliable and Hard to Reach
- Goes the Extra Mile to Schedule the Appointment vs. YOU Doing the Scheduling for Them
- Professionally Trained with Continuing Education vs. Self-Taught and Hung up Shingle saying ”Open”
- Educating the Home Buyer about the Home vs. Someone who Does not Care or Have that Kind of Patience
- Provides Extras like a Guarantee, Same day service, vs No Extra Value
- Full Service Inspections vs. Limited Services, Meaning you have to find other Resources to Get the Job Done.
- Markets YOU to the Client for Life Building Strong Relationships vs. No Interest in Helping you Be Successful
- Provide Solutions like “Preferred Contractors List”, Alternative repair options. vs. don’t care, find your own?
- Provide a positive report that shows “How Good the House Really Is” vs. a negative report showing only the defects.
We are proud to say we belong in the left column of attributes. We care greatly about both our Home Buyer, Seller and Agents alike.
Conscientious and successful Real Estate Agents surround them with a team of great service people. And, if you’re nervous about the liability factor of suggesting the best person for the job, that’s what your and his insurance is all about.
So the next time your Customer asks for a referral in the last but most important hurdle of the transaction, do them, and yourself, a big favour and recommend the property inspector you KNOW has their and your best interest in mind.
It’s a WIN-WIN-WIN for all parties!
Independent Property Inspections is a full service real estate inspection service located in Hobart and servicing Tasmania. We go the extra mile to provide exceptional service to the Home Buyer, Seller and Real Estate Agents. For more information, please see more at www.ipi.net.au or call 0418 120 828.
About Leon Cupit & Dayle Wood
We are highly experienced, trustworthy and dedicated to our customers. We’ve been in the inspection business since 2001, both have more than 30yrs building experience and provide home inspections, tax depreciation schedules, asbestos audits & testing, mold inspections, handover or final inspections, and special purpose and structural inspections, dilapidation and maintenance inspections to home buyers, providing peace of mind, protecting your family and investment. We partner with Realtors to ensure you know everything you need to know about your new purchase. We’d love to be your trusted Property Inspector.